Anti - Ragging Cell
- It is brought to the notice of the Public that ragging is a criminal offence and that UGC has framed UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, in order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutions
In UGC Regulations on Curbing the menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions,2009, Ragging has been defined as:
- Any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background.
- In case of complaints, students may approach their class teacher, Head, any member of the Anti - Ragging Cell or any other teacher.
- Students in distress due to ragging related incidents can call the National Anti-ragging Helpline 1800- 180-5522 (24x7 Toll Free) or e-mail the Anti - Ragging Helpline at [email protected]
- For any other information ,visit the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
1. Dr. Sobhana Michael, Principal
2. Prof. Valentine D’ Cruz, Vice Principal
3. Prof. Jose Xavier, Vice Principal
4. Heads of all Departments
5. Dr. Pramada Ramachandran, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics
6. Fr. Alias P. George, Head, Department of Business Administration
7. Ms. Lincy Mol, Head, Department of English