The College Library was established in 1965 at the very inception of the institution. From a humble begining with a few hundred books, today it has a book strength of 24,332 books and has been elavated to a ‘I Grade Library’. There are a number of rare and precious books in different subjects. It has a large reference section containing reference books on various languages and subjects, including the Britanica, Americana and Catholic encyclopaedia. There are multiplicity of copies of all essential text books. The library also subscribes to a number of national and international journels, reviews and magazines in addition to all leading periodical, magazines and newspapers. The library has entered the world of I.T. with the introduction of electronic media. Students can access the library between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. on all working days.
- All members of the staff and students are entitled to use the library for consultation and for taking books on loan.
- The library will be open on all working days from 9.00 a.m to 4.30 p.m.
- Each student will be given two borrowers Tickets bearing his/her name, class number etc.
- Reference books will not be given on loan.
- Application for books should be submitted before 10 a.m. Books will be issued after 11 a.m. Books must be returned before 10 am.
- A student who fails to return a book on the day on which it falls due shall be fined 50 ps. for every day the book is detained beyond that date.
- A student who damages a book shall be fined in proportion to the damage.
- If a book is lost by any borrower, he/she must replace it by the latest edition within the time fixed by the Librarian.
- Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books of the library. Breach of this rule will lead to loss of membership.
Each and every student of this institution gets personal attention from the teachers. To provide this the students are divided into batches of 20 and are put under the personal supervision of a tutor. The tutor monitors the academic progress of the students under his supervision and keeps record of it. He also acts as a personal guide and counsellor. Besides the tutors there will be a class teacher for each class to take care of the matters related to the class.